Jodi Leigh Miller's Journal

Official Journal for NPC Figure Competitor and Bodybuilder Jodi Leigh Miller

Monday, July 19, 2004

I can't believe I wrote an entire journal entry and left out the very thing that made me open up the journal in the first place.  I do this all the time, especially with grocery shopping.  I go to the store to get eggs and gallons of bottled water.  What do I leave with?  Lip gloss, steak, chicken, avocado, broccoli, the latest issue of Oxygen, another Pooh key chain, lots of stuff I don't absolutely need and definitely not the eggs and water that I went to the store to get in the first place.  Look up scatterbrained in the dictionary, and you'll find my picture.  My mother would always tell me that if my head wasn't screwed on, I'd forget that too.  She's one to talk!  Lol!
 
Anyway, before I forget to mention this newest development, let me move back to the topic at hand.  I have to take a break today.  My car isn't working.  Someone must have been watching over me on Saturday because of two things:  (1) an Infiniti coupe nearly ran me off the road when he was weaving in and out of lanes and between cars even though they were less than car distance apart, and (2) the pulley that keeps the power steering belt taut snapped off, and my steering wheel won't budge and my battery light is on.  Now, the first item really irked me!  Actually, it downright scared me to death.  Thank goodness I hadn't just drunk a gallon of water...lol!  The guy was absolutely nuts.  He was in the lane next to me, behind a car whose back bumper was almost dead even with my front bumper.  As soon as that car moved ahead by a slight bit, the Infiniti straddled the white lines and then whipped next to my car and in front of me and sped off to repeat the action again to an SUV.  I heard lots of honking and the squealing of tires, and saw brake lights everywhere.  I had my hand on the horn, but it's one of those horns that you don't know exactly where to push and you have apply an immense amount of pressure so by the time you do honk, you look like an idiot because the attempt is futile at that point.  It's like when you think of just the right sarcastic comeback to make when someone offends you, but you don't think of it until five minutes later once the person has left the room.  That's what honking my car's horn is like.  Frustrating!!  Anyway, a friend of mine said that I should have given him the finger.  My response?  "What good would that have done?  He was long gone.  I would have actually been giving myself the finger then because only I could have seen the gesture."  Needless to say, my limbs were tingling, my heart racing, and my vision blurry and seeing red.  All I could think was what right did this guy have getting onto the road and endangering my life!  Dallas drivers need to go back to driving school.  Of course, my driving is perfect.  End of story!
 
Now, the other part of the car fiasco occurred right when I pulled into my parking space.  If that's not good timing, I don't know what is.  I was turning the wheel slightly, getting my car into perfect position in the carport when I suddenly heard a popping sound.  I thought I hit one of the poles (they put those there just to irritate people and make parking more difficult than it should be...have you noticed that about carport spaces?).  But I wasn't close enough to the poles to have scraped them (I would know...I've done it before; but I'm a perfect driver...really!).  Suddenly, my steering wheel locked up, my car starting making this low pitched humming sound, and the batterly light appeared.  Not the most auspicious signs, if you ask me.  I could drive the car forward and backward but could not turn the wheel.  Now, that's fine, except there isn't a single straight road in Texas, and if there was, I don't want to go to Oklahoma and don't want to venture into Mexico and those would seem to be only choices...north or south.  If you really want to know, I just wanted some ice cream, so this did not make me a happy camper.
 
Anyway, Jon and Tim had to pick me up the next day for the photo shoot, and a friend of mine is supposed to come over with a mechanic friend of his and see if they can fix it without me having to tow the car and be without it for a few days.  If not, this will be a nice, little expense.   I've been very lucky with this car up until now.  It was my grandparents' car that they gave to me when the lease on my Nissan Altima expired, and I haven't had a car payment in years.  The competitions have been my "car payment," so to speak, so I'm very thankful for this gesture.  But this may not be a good sign.  Things should not fall off of my car while I'm driving, especially things that have to do with steering or with the engine.  It's just my humble opinion, but I'm sure you would agree.  The really scary part of all of this?  I had spent 25 minutes driving from Tim's studio to my apartment before the pulley snapped off.  What if I was on the bridge...or what if it happened right when that Infiniti decided to swerve within inches (I'm not exaggerating...I know I have a tendency to do so, but that car was so close to mine, I could have rolled the window down, reached my hand out, and nearly touched the car)?  That's why I say that someone must have been looking out for me on Saturday.
 
I still want that ice cream, by the way.  Well, WalMart is within walking distance.  Do I dare brave the Texas heat and actually walk to the store?  Heaven forbid!  An American walking somewhere instead of driving.  I don't know if I can handle it!  Lol!!
 
And now I've finished my journal entry for today.
 
Jodi 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home