Jodi Leigh Miller's Journal

Official Journal for NPC Figure Competitor and Bodybuilder Jodi Leigh Miller

Friday, July 30, 2004

I'm full of hilarious stories, especially ones that give you another opportunity to laugh at yours truly (note the word "at" and not "with").

Imagine the following scenario:  A calm, peaceful drive home with the color of cotton candy drifting through the evening sky.  Ominous, charcoal clouds hiding in the distance.  Windshield barren of anything but a few spare bugs here and there.  I take my exit, travel over the bridge, and within two miles of my home witness plump drops of water splattering onto my car.  The timing couldn't have been better.  Within moments, the downpour began, drenching everything in sight and blurring vision.  Winds picked up speed, and I felt the car wavering a bit as I steered towards my parking spot beneath the carport.  There may as well not have been any cover; rain droplets brushed against me as the wind pushed them hard in every direction.  I rushed to get my bags, my feet ankle deep in a conveniently located puddle...on the driver's side of the car.  Did I happen to mention my footwear?  Flip flops.  Yes...flip flops.  Now that's protective gear for you!

I glanced towards the stairwell several yards away, watched the winds become angrier, and blinked away the water already dripping down my face.  I hadn't yet stepped foot out of the carport and I was already getting soaked.  Running for it seemed like a good idea until I actually did it.  Never run in flip flops, especially when they're soaked and your feet feel like they are standing in a slippery bathtub.  If you didn't know it before this incident, you were sure to find out:  Grace is not my middle name.  So there I went, waddling like a duck (tail and all) towards the stairwell when I encountered a river.  I swear it was a river...currents and all!  I could have gone snorkeling in it!  Okay, so I'm exaggerrating again (surprise!), but I had to decide on whether to make a jump over it or splash through it.  Well, I splashed...and splashed...and splashed (and nearly lost a flip flop).  Jumping was not an option.  You have seen my legs, right?  You do remember how short I am?  Not a chance I'd make it over that body of water.  So yes, I splish splashed my way to the stairs, held onto the railing to keep myself from slipping as I climbed upwards, and heaved my bags into the foyer and got those worthless flip flops off of my feet before traipsing onto the carpet.

Sigh...the sky's timing and my schedule are not agreeing with each other!

But Amanda's is!  We train shoulders tomorrow!  I need this girl to give me a kick up the backside and get these shoulders bigger!  Grow delts, grow!!!  Lol!

And then it's off to a shoot with Dan Ray on Saturday.  Hmmm...do I foresee a bicep workout with clips and photos to boot?!  Wait and see!

G'night!

Jodi :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home