Jodi Leigh Miller's Journal

Official Journal for NPC Figure Competitor and Bodybuilder Jodi Leigh Miller

Thursday, August 05, 2004

I am leaving...for New York, that is. So if the boards are a little quiet, and a little dust settles over the keyboard, just know that when I return, I'll be more explosive than ever. Big plans are on the horizon. Big plans! I have a sense of confidence, of adventure, of sight into my future that I've never thought possible before.

My shoulder workout was phenomenal today. Only three exercises: side lateral raises, 20-pound dumbbells for 15 reps, Smith machine reverse press, and front lateral raises with a 35-pound plate (owww!). I have new striations in my shoulders and I think the front delts are actually filling out (or was that a remnant of my bout with ice cream on Sunday?). I had to rush through this workout, for like any girl, I waited until the last minute to get my packing done. My day was spent rushing from the hairdresser (she cut and highlighted my tresses...yeah, who am I kidding...tresses...ha!), to the nail salon (pink toes...very cute!), to the mall to get my eyebrows tweezed (ouch!) and to get just a few more outfits for shoots, and then a rush to the bank, a mad scramble for the store, and here I am...hours later, and I don't think I'll be getting any sleep. But for some reason, I'm wide awake! Nerves? Couldn't be...I'm not doing the competition, and thank goodness. I was incredibly worried about how I would feel flying up to New York and being around everyone. After all, they're dieted down, lean as I'd like to be, and looking incredible (of course, they didn't munch on a cheeseburger and a pint of Ben and Jerry's last Sunday, so I have one up on them...ha!). But I'm fine...truly fine. I have this sense of total security and comfort that my ultimate choice to sit this one out was truly the right one. I have no regrets.

I'll be doing what I do best...making others feel good about themselves. I can't wait! Now, would someone mind lending me a sleeping bag and a nice comfy pillow? They have yet to announce how many figure girls will be gracing the New York stage, and quite frankly, that worries me. Notice how anything without a price tag is well out of the reach of the wallet? Yeah, I have a feeling the same is applying to the Figure Nationals. No mention of the count is a troublesome sign that this will be the longest prejudging in history. Not even I, a figure competitor, could state with a straight face that my attention will be glued to the stage. If you're there, please come talk to me! Either that, or I'm going to be on my cell phone the whole time talking to Amanda or someone and trying to stay entertained...lol! Quarter turn to the right...quarter turn to the right...quarter turn to the right...thank you ladies. Sigh...what did I agree to? Lol!

I promise to finish reading The Da Vinci Code. I think I'll bring my CD player as well. And I might try to fall asleep on the plane, though it's usually impossible unless they have those moveable headrests that keep your head from tipping over and waking you up (those of us with long necks have a worse time with this problem...trust me!). I don't remember if I got an aisle seat or a window seat. Please, please let me have been smart for once and chosen an aisle seat. I have to run to the bathroom so much during a flight that it's absolutely embarrassing. And what's sad is that I get back and drink even more water, so I'm sure to have to get up again.

Okay...I have cookies to bake. I don't know why I promise these things, but I want a cookie, so I guess I better get my butt off of this computer and get it into the kitchen.

I look forward to returning and chatting with everyone on Wednesday! Details about the chat are on the homepage of the site; please don't miss it! Two sessions are available, so there are no excuses!!

Let me leave you with a couple of closing notes:

"If you are looking for Home and find instead a sand-pit, try looking for a sand-pit. Then you'd be sure not to find it, which would be a Good Thing, because you might find something that you weren't looking for, which might be just what you were looking for."

I thought that with the discussion of rain recently, this was very fitting: "It isn't much good having anything exciting like floods, if you can't share them with somebody."

Both are great finds from Pooh's Little Instruction Book. The bear actually thought about much more than just sticky, yummy honey.

Enjoy your weekend, and I'll be back!

Jodi :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home